Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mango Spread

One of the summer fruits that I love, yet that I don't rarely work with, is this little beauty:


The mango.

I love mangoes.

Yet, since I rarely work with them, I actually don't know the best way to go about cutting them...

I do the cut and score method, because I like the way it looks when I pop out all the little cubes.


We happen to have a bunch of mangoes in the house right now, as little miss has recently discovered that she likes them as much as I do... but I wasn't sure what to do with them. And then I saw this recipe for mango spread - a wonderful way to preserve the fruit and enjoy it in its delicious, wonderful sweetness.

The recipe is so easy - simply puree mango and add sugar.


Cook the mixture, let it cool, then, well, put it in a jar!


This spread is super delicious in its simplicity.

We enjoyed this spread on fresh English muffins, but I look forward to trying it other places too.


Hmm... I wonder how it would taste on ice cream??



Mango Spread
(from 4th Sense Cooking)

2 cups mango pulp (I pureed three mangoes)
1 cup sugar

Puree your mango without adding any additional liquid.
In a medium saucepan, combine the pureed mango and sugar, and cook the mixture over medium heat. Continue mixing the mixture over the heat until it begins to thicken into a jam-like texture.
Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside, allowing the mixture to come to room temperature.
Pour the cooled spread into a clean jar for storage. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Like lemon curd, which is one of my most favorite things ever... Might have to make Evan make me a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous. I really love mangoes, but unfortunately finding good ones seems to be rather difficult where I live. Most are hard and not sweet at all! But I still keep loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley,
    I love your mango spread, so simple and delicious. I even have jars. My husband and I eat mangoes frequently, so I know that we'll be making this spread. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It was nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails