Monday, January 25, 2010

Veggie Lasagna

One thing that you should know is that we are all pretty much carnivores in this house. It is very rare (pun completely unintentional...) that dinner does not involve some kind of meat. So when my husband requested veggie lasagna when we were putting together our weekly meal plan, I was a little surprised. Not unhappy, mind you, but definitely surprised!


Would you believe that I have never made a veggie lasagna? I usually make a plain cheese lasagna, with some kind of meat on the side, of course, and have made lasagna with meat sauce, but I have never actually made a veggie one. Funny, huh?


So after a trip to Produce Junction yesterday, we were all ready. I am pretty fortunate that little miss seems to be a budding photographer, and knows how to work my digital camera (probably better than I do...), so I can provide you with this cool action shot of me chopping mushrooms. Those were added to the onions, green peppers and eggplant already in the pan and cooked into something that looked yummy enough to eat all on its own. I added that on top of two of the three ricotta layers while building the lasagna.




So here's how it turned out. And can I just tell you how heavy that pan was? Super tasty, too. Even to this family of carnivores.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious to our house of semi-vegetarians! To add a little protein, maybe you could add some ground Boca meat found in your grocer's freezer. Just saute in a non stick pan and add to the sauce or the veggie mix. You won't even taste it and you get your protein. We did that to my mom when she came to visit and she had no clue. Sneaky...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails