Sunday, January 3, 2010

Banana Bread Pudding

To make some room in the freezer today, I pulled down a bag of bread cubes. You know, when the bread is getting to the kind of old stage and you cut it up and freeze it for use in something somewhere down the line... This happened to be bread with chocolate chips swirled into it. Because that is how we roll. These cubes were calling out to me, begging to become bread pudding. And the very, VERY ripe bananas on my kitchen table were calling just as loudly... but they were less specific, they just wanted to be used.

After looking up several recipes, I decided to modify a recipe I already had from a friend for a delicious breakfast - French Toast Casserole. A little extra milk, the bananas blended extra smooth... I must say, it worked out really well. I may just have to do this again!

2 comments:

  1. woo-hoo!! It makes an appearance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I went through a bread pudding phase a few years back, one involving ripe bananas, brown sugar, candied ginger, and a dash of bourbon. Might have to reinvent it again one of these days, since I never wrote down the recipe. Here's another favorite of mine, though:

    http://emmanyc.blogspot.com/2005/11/pumpkin-bread-pudding-with-caramel_14.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails